Yes, you can keep using your existing number by migrating or porting it to the new virtual phone service provider’s network. All the VoIP companies provide and support the phone migration/portability feature. The only thing that varies across different companies is the transfer fee. Some service providers might charge you for transferring your number from the previous providers to their own, while there are other companies that will do the migration for free. The fee charged can be only a one-time charge or a monthly subscription fee for as long as the migrated phone number is used. One other important thing that you need to be aware of when porting your number is that your personal records available with the previous company and the one you provide to the new service provider should match in all aspects. This will ensure continuity of services to a credible customer or else may result in discontinuation of virtual phone services.
Best VoIP Systems of 2020
|Editor's Choice 2020|
- Can a VoIP Phone System Be Hacked?
- Can I Keep Using My Existing Phone Number?
- Can I Send Faxes with a VoIP System?
- Can I Use My Old Phone Hardware with My VoIP?
- Can VoIP Be Used for Texting?
- Do I Need Extra Equipment for a VoIP Phone?
- Do I Need to Turn on My Computer to Make VoIP Calls?
- Does a VoIP Phone Have Good Voice Quality?
- Does VoIP Use TCP or UDP?
- Does VoIP Work Over Wi-Fi?
- How Does VoIP Work?
- How Much Data Does VoIP Use?
- How Much Does VoIP Cost?
- Is a Virtual Phone System Safe?
- Is VoIP Reliable for Business?
- Is VoIP Worth It for Small Businesses?
- What Are the Benefits of a Virtual Phone System?
- What Is a PBX?
- What Is a Softphone?
- What Is a Virtual Phone System?
- Will My VoIP Slow Down My Internet Connection?